La Lomita Chapel
La Lomita ‘little hill’ is a small hill and the adjoining historical site of a former mission and ranch headquarters maintained by the Oblates of Mary Immaculate and a station between the Catholic missions at Roma and Brownsville.
La Lomita originated with a grant of land from the King of Spain in 1767. The grant came into possession of the Catholic Missionary Society of the Oblate Fathers who founded the mission station at La Lomita.
La Lomita Chapel is a historic site listed on the National Registry and is located in the city of Mission, TX. in the Rio Grand Valley.
Get Driving Directions | Posted 2010 | © All Images On This Web Site Are Copyrighted